• Offers innovative programs that hold offenders accountable for their actions.
• Promotes effective alternative sentencing programs that reduce the burden on Schenectady's courts and jails.
• Creates opportunities for Schenectady County residents to become involved with alternative sentencing programs and steps towards community healing.
• Since our formation, the Center for Community Justice has developed a range of services including quality dispute resolution, alternative sentencing, restorative justice and supportive services for Schenectady County citizens involved with the criminal justice, human services, and legal systems.
• The Center for Community Justice serves more than 1,000 clients each year including: individuals, families, businesses and community organizations.
Since 1973 The Center for Community Justice has helped thousands of low and moderate income people in the Schenectady County and the Capital Region overcome a difficult time in their lives.
Examples of our programs include:
Community Service, avoiding convictions for minor offenses while reducing the burden on Schenectady&s courts and jails.
Community Accountability Boards, holding offenders accountable for their actions while fostering community involvement in the legal process.
Restorative Justice, fostering better relationships between community and police, and victim and offender
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), giving children a voice in Family Court
Supervised Visitation, providing the space for children and parents to regain the most important bond in life.
Many of our programs rely on the help we receive from volunteers. Without the work and dedication of our volunteers we wouldn’t be able to serve more than 1,000 clients each year including individuals, families, businesses and community organizations.
The Center for Community Justice
144 Barrett Street • Schenectady, New York 12305